How much time does a person spend at work during their lifetime? Over 97,000 hours if you spend an average of 8 hours a day, 5 days per week from the age of 18 to 65 working.
Given the vast amount of time individuals devote to work, we believe it should at the very least, be an environment in which an employee is entitled to be remunerated and treated fairly, in exchange for providing to the employer, the full benefit of their skills, qualifications, experience and productivity.
- whether you are legally restricted from joining a new employer or are restricted in your ability to work for a new employer as a result of contractual terms agreed with a previous employer.
- the recruitment process including review and negotiation of a new contract of employment or a contract for services or any other form of contractual engagement such as partnership, LLP membership agreements and appointment as a director.
- disputes or unfair treatment arising during the recruitment process, during employment or as a result of termination of employment whether that requires assistance to submit a grievance, negotiation in connection with contractual problems or changes, support during disciplinary proceedings, representation in an employment tribunal or civil court claim or negotiation of settlement agreements.
- the uncertainties caused by restructuring or the sale of a business.
- how to protect yourself if you believe your employer is behaving unlawfully in it's business dealings.